Senior Technical Designer
August 30 2018
How would you like to be the technical design leader of a collaborative environmental graphic design studio in a strong growth phase?
We will depend on your creative problem solving skills and your desire to collaborate with design team members, architects, and clients to lead the development of environmental graphic design concepts and wayfinding strategies into detailed design documents.
Your experience in three-dimensional design, strong understanding of materials and fabrication techniques, and meticulous attention to detail is important to you in delivering high quality outcomes that are essential to the successful execution and implementation of three-dimensional graphic design projects.
Studio SC is an award-winning, Seattle-based graphic design firm with an expertise in architectural graphics and branded environments.
Our focus is on out-of-the-box design thinking and a high level of integration to create environmental graphics solutions that connect people to place and provide measurable value-added results to our clients’ companies and institutions.
We value teamwork, personal growth, healthy work/life balance, and strive to give all team members a positive work experience and opportunities for advancement.
• Manage studio design documentation, technical specification, and execution process
• Lead development of studio production/documentation standards
• Build contacts and relationships with fabricators and other industry individuals
• Mentor and train other designers in studio production/documentation process
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Architecture, or Industrial Design is required.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field of environmental graphic design at a design agency or fabricator.
• Candidates must be proficient in Apple Macintosh based Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp are a plus.
If this sounds like you, please respond with a cover letter explaining why this position appeals to you and how your skills and attitude match our requirements along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Senior Technical Designer in the subject line of your email.